Aerospace Medicine Neurology and Research Physician — WHASC, Lackland AFB, TX
Aerospace Medicine Neurology and Research Physician
WHASC, Lackland AFB, TX
(Temporary alternate work locations may be assigned, as circumstances dictate, by the Contracting Officer Representative)
The position is in San Antonio at JBSA but works and reports up to USAFSAM/FHO.
The work performed is for a Flight Medicine Physician who is a Neurologist with experience in Hypobarics, researching the effects the oxygen systems used by pilots, scuba divers, firefighters, etc. have upon the brain.
Neurologist Support Requirements:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an accredited university;
- Possess an active, unrestricted state medical license to practice medicine;
- Able to be fully credentialed to practice aerospace neurology by the local credentialing body. Training in, and expert knowledge of neurology, with at least five-years of experience in the practice of military clinical aerospace neurology and experience with evaluations for decompression illness.
- Primary board certification by the American Board of Medical Specialties or a recognized specialty within Osteopathic Medicine.
- Board certification in neurology is required.
- Previous experience as a flight medicine physician is also desirable.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) is mandatory.
- Continuing education (CME) hours IAW applicable state requirements as required.
- Possess professional staff clinical privileges for the practice of neurology issued by the 59MDW and the San Antonio Military Medical Center, in accordance with the 59MDW credentials department process, within 1 month after the award.
- Complete required human and animal research training and certification required by the 711 HPW/USAFSAM and 59MDW in order to serve as an associate as an associate or principal investigator.
- Research experience in neurology or aerospace neurology.
- Highly desirable is previous presentations of research work at national or international meetings and/or publications in peer reviewed medical journals.
Argent Technologies staffs 62% of the Flight Medicine Physicians worldwide!
For details and to apply, please contact Pamela Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210.888.1876
or APPLY NOW!