Family Medicine Physician — Peterson AFB/Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO
Family Medicine Physician: Outpatient
Peterson AFB/Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 30 September 2017 - 29 September 2018
OPTION YEARS: 2.5
The Family Practice Physician will provide medical healthcare services to eligible beneficiaries. Contractor care shall cover the range of Family Practice services on an outpatient/ambulatory basis, which would normally be provided in a civilian medical treatment facility (MTF). This may include mild trauma, and wellness and prevention. Contractor shall not perform obstetrics, inpatient or emergency room care services. The Contractor is responsible for ensuring coordination of health service management functions and information in a timely and efficient manner to facilitate continuity of patient care. Healthcare services may be performed at Peterson AFB CO or Schriever AFB CO. The Family Practice Physician may be required to work at either or both locations on the needs of the 21st Medical Group (21 MDG) and as directed by the Family Health Clinic (FHC) Flight Commander.
Workplace Flexibility: Family Practice Physician will be working in FHC. However, if there are emergencies, shortages, or another pressing issue, Family Practice Physician may be temporarily assigned to another clinic (i.e. Women’s Health, Pediatrics, etc.) within the MTF. 21 MDG MTFs are located at Peterson AFB CO and Schriever AFB CO. The Family Practice Physician may be required to work at either or both locations dependent on the needs of the 21 MDG and as directed by the FHC Flight Commander. The Physician will manage a patient empanelment of up to 1300 patients. Flexibility within actual enrollment to individual providers/teams is allowed as long as the facility maintains the overall patient/provider ratio required for the Family Health Clinic.
Work Roster: The FRED/COR shall provide a work schedule for each team member 120 days in advance. The team member shall submit a Schedule Change Request (SCR) to the FRED/COR or designated representative as soon as changes are known or at least no later than 72 hours in advance of the proposed change.
A normal duty day (or shift) at the 21 MDG shall be from 0730-1630, Monday through Friday.
The contractor is not required to provide routine services on the following Federal holidays (or actual day set aside for observation): New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Any unplanned holidays, i.e. National Day of Mourning, etc., shall not be paid for by the government.
In instances of base closure, security reasons or a delayed reporting by the Wing Commander (i.e., snow delays), the team member will be paid by the Government. 4.21.7 If a Saturday Clinic is established, hours will be directed by the MTF Group Commander and Contractor personnel will be provided with a modified work schedule.
Emergency Response Team (ERT), On-Call and After Duty Response:
The Physician shall provide ERT coverage as well as on-call telehealth services on a rotational basis with other MTF personnel. On-call schedules will be provided and directed by the FHC Flight Commander. The Government estimates that team members will be scheduled once a month for a 7 day period for on-call duty (approximately 13 weeks annually). ERT coverage is required from 0715 until 1700; on call coverage is required from 1600 until 0730 the next duty day. Call shall be responded to within 30 minutes.
- The Physician shall have 3-5 years of experience within the specialty area Family Practice/Primary Care Clinic to include fellowship and residency time. Additionally, the Physician shall have provided family medicine services a minimum of 12 months within the past 2 years. Preference will be given to those applicants who have had experience within the past 12 months
- The Physician shall have a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree from an accredited college or university in the specialty area required to complete the Full-time
- Equivalent (FTE), completed a residency or fellowship acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General
- Successful completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency with prood
- Shall possess current board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM)
- Shall possess a valid, current, unrestricted state medical license
- Possess current BLS. ACLS and PALS. The contractor shall obtain the course in accordance with the curriculum of the American Heart Association for the Heart AED Course, provided by an authorized provider of American Heart Association ECC courses
- Possess a current DEA
- Possess current NPI#
- Ability to complete favorable Background, NPDB and Credentialing forms and process to completion
TYPE OF WORK: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government.
Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties include:
Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF instructions.
Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries including but not limited to conditions of the:
|Neck||Central Nervous System|
|Cardiovascular System||Endocrine System|
Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
2.7 Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Secure and maintain an adequate airway to include endotracheal intubation
- Cardioversion of life threatening arrhythmias
- Simple minor surgical procedures: punch biopsies, excision of skin lesions
- Simple abscess incision and drainage
- Nail trephination
- Sling or swath injuries
- Lumbar puncture
- Suture simple laceration
- Suture removal
- Tube thoracostomy
- Nebulizer treatment
- Urine catheterization
- Cultures (throat, wound)
- Suprapubic tap
- Remove ocular, nasal and ear foreign bodies
- Clearing of ears by flush technique
- Reduce simple dislocations and fractures, when appropriate
- Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor lacerations
- Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret results
- Draw arterial blood gases for evaluation and interpret results
- Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications as appropriate
- Stabilize and evaluate cervical spine injuries as appropriate
- Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to extremities
Argent Technologies staffs 62% of the Flight Medicine Physicians worldwide!
For details and to apply, please contact Pamela Patton at email@example.com or 210.888.1876
or APPLY NOW!