Family Medicine Physician — Fort Hood, TX
Family Medicine Physician
Fort Hood, TX
Argent Technologies, LLC is seeking a full time Family Medicine Physician for for a contract bid at Ft Hood, Killen, TX
The Family Medicine Physician will provide services to eligible members of the Military Treatment Facility (MTF)at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center (CRDAMC)
The contract health care provider shall have the required experience and documented current competence in the clinical setting to perform the tasks and procedures identified. The contractor shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Shall have sufficient education and experience to perform the tasks and procedures listed in this PWS. Each contract HCP provider shall:
- Must possess and maintain a current, active, valid, unrestricted state license to practice medicine in one of the 50 states in the United States, or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hold a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree from an accredited college approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the AMA or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience within the last 3 years working as a Family Practice physician in a primary care setting (i.e. ambulatory or urgent care clinic) and must have experience with both adult and pediatric patient populations.
- Must be either board eligible or board certified in family medicine.
- Shall have and maintain, at all times and at contractor expense, current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) by way of an American Heart Association approved training program.
- Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the contract services. Any change to the DEA requirements to obtain a. Valid DEA registration number is applicable when the incumbent's existing DEA registration expires.
- Shall remain current and achieve required continuing education units IAW state licensing requirements.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers as determined by the MTF Commander or the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Shall not have within 5 years prior to employment, Has had his/her clinical privileges limited, suspended, or revoked by any healthcare facility, public or private, anywhere in the world.
- Shall be able to type and have had experience using computers, but will not be required to type a certain amount of words per minute. The government will provide computer training on the hospital computer systems. Failure to learn the computer systems within a reasonable time period shall be grounds for immediate removal of the provider.
- Must possess the competencies to enter/retrieve medical information in various government database systems.
- The Contractor MCP shall complete any mandatory annual medical/government required training.
- Must accurately enter actual work hours into the Defense Medical Human Resources System Intranet
HOURS OF PERFORMANCE/DUTY HOURS: Duty hours shall be as set forth by the applicable Department Chief or his/her designated government representative. The contractor will provide services for work weeks averaging 40 work-hours and may consist of an average of five (5) eight-hour work days scheduled Sunday through Saturday between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. This schedule may include Federal Holidays, evening hours, and weekend hours as scheduled by the MTF.
DUTIES: The Family Medicine Physician shall perform all procedures and duties that are normal to the scope of that provider's particular specialty and for which privileges are granted by the MTF. These are essentially the same duties as those required of any Medical Corps Officer orgovernment Civil Service physician of similar experience and in similar duty assignments.
For details and to apply, contact Pamela Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210.888.1876
or APPLY NOW!