Physician Assistant — Fort Hood, TX
Fort Hood, TX
Argent Technologies, LLC is seeking a Family Medicine Physician Assistant for a contract bid at Ft Hood, Killen, TX
The Family Medicine Physician Assistant will provide services to eligible members of the Military Treatment Facility (MTF)at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center (CRDAMC)
The contractor shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must possess a minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited university within respective profession.
- Must possess current Board Certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). Applicable diploma and proof of membership in the NCCPA is required. License must correspond to DEA registration number.
- Must have and maintain a current, active, valid, unrestricted Physician Assistant license in one of the 50 states in the U.S., the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the -U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain privileges at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center through approval of the Credentials Committee
- Must have successfully completed a formal and valid general Physician Assistant training program that is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (or previously recognized accrediting body) and acceptable to the DA.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience within the last three years routinely practicing as a Physician Assistant (PA). One year of experience for a Family Practice PA will be in the form of ambulatory or hospital based service.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification during the contract period of performance. Certifications must be obtained through an American Heart Association approved training program.
- Health Care Professionals trained in international countries are eligible to practice in the AMEDD in their respective disciplines if the appropriate requirements are met.
- Must be able to complete and maintain a National Agency and Local Check (NACLC) background investigation.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other HCPs.
- Shall be required to meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements of 100 hours of CME every 2 years in order to maintain current NCCPA certification. The government will not reimburse for these costs.
- Contractor shall ensure contract HCPs have received Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) required training for the position in which they will perform, and that training currency is maintained. Documentation of such training shall be provided to the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Shall be able to type and have had experience using computers, but will not be required to type a certain amount of words per minute.
- The government will provide computer training on the hospital computer systems. Failure to learn the computer systems within a reasonable time period shall be grounds for immediate removal of the provider.
- Must possess the competencies to enter/retrieve medical information in various government database systems.
- The Contractor HCP shall complete any mandatory annual medical/government required training.
- Must accurately enter actual work hours into the Defense Medical Human Resources System Intranet (DMHRSi) every other week on the date specified by the COR or designated Government representative.
HOURS OF PERFORMANCE/DUTY HOURS: Duty hours shall be as set forth by the applicable Department Chief or his/her designated government representative. The contractor will provide services for work weeks averaging 40 work-hours and may consist of an average of five (5) eight-hour work days scheduled Sunday through Saturday between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. This schedule may include Federal Holidays, evening hours, and weekend hours as scheduled by the MTF.
For details and to apply, contact Pamela Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210.888.1876
or APPLY NOW!