Aerospace Medicine Physician - Wright Patterson AFB, OH, USAFSAM
USAF School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM)
Aerospace Medicine Physician
Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
Period of Performance: 30 Sept 2019- 6 July 2020
Option Year: 7 July 2020- 30 Sept 2020
INTRODUCTION: The United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) provides Aerospace Medicine Training, Education, and Consultation to Enhance Warfighter - Performance and Combat Casualty Care for World Wide Operations in Garrison and War. It is the center for aeromedical education, training, and consultation in direct support of USAF, Department Of Defense (DoD), and in operations. USAFSAM provides peacetime and contingency support in hyperbaric, human performance, clinical and environmental health, expeditionary medical support, and aeromedical evacuation.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES: This effort includes tasks and activities to be performed by the contractor in support of USAFSAM Aerospace Medicine Education Division.
- Shall be a Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy who has successfully completed their Doctorate degree from an accredited college approved by the Council in Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or accredited by the American Osteopathic Association
- Possess current DEA registration
- Possess and maintain current Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification. Web-based classes do not meet required standards.
- Shall be a U.S. citizen
- Residency trained
- Possess and maintain an unrestricted, active, medical license
- Board certification in a specialty from the American Board of Preventive Medicine is desired
- Familiarity with the American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) is desired
- Residency training in Aerospace Medicine is desired
Experience and Proficiency:
- Shall have five years' experience in Aerospace Medicine, working primarily in the outpatient settings. Experience working primarily in the outpatient settings within the past three years is desired
- Shall be proficient in providing preventive medicine services including comprehensive aerospace medicine and occupational medicine. These services include primary care management of common adult illness and injuries, health risk counseling, pre- placement exams, and fitness for duty examinations.
- Qualifications as private pilot and as an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) with the Federal Aviation Administration is desired.
- An understanding of the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management (DISAM) initiatives, Air Force Security Assistance Training (AFSAT) policies, and Security Cooperation directives associated with International Military Education Training (IMET) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS), student funding limitations is desirable. Experience with International physician training programs and a strong understanding of cultural competencies, sensitivities and customs are desired. Prior training or practicing medicine abroad is desired.
- The contractor shall be willing to learn and manage training platform/programs adopted by USAFSAM in effort to maximize education delivery for sources they help to support. The contractor shall be proficient, or must be willing to become proficient in USAF medical systems including: the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), the Aeromedical Services Information Management System (ASIMS), the Automated Data System (ADS), the Aeromedical Information Management Waiver Tracking System (AIMWTS), the Physical Examination Processing Program (PEPP), Transportation Command (TRANSSCOM) Regulating and Command & Control System (TRAC2ES), Theater Medical Information Program-Joint (TMIP-J), FAA MedXpress system, Defense Travel System (DTS) and the Security Assistance Network (SAN Web).
- The contractor shall provide adequate evidence of instructor training to fulfill Education Department requirement or shall obtain USAFSAM Instructor teaching credentials in no less than 4 months after start.
CLINICAL MEDICAL SUPPORT/CLINICAL RESEARCH INVESTIGATION STUDIES SUPPORT:
Provide aerospace medical support and assistance necessary to aid in mission accomplishment.
Assist the Chief of the Aerospace Medicine Education Division (FEE) to coordinate and conduct the activities of the courses of the Aerospace Medicine Education Branch (FEEE) serving as consultant and subject matter expert.
Assist Program Directors of the respective Graduate Medical Education (GME) Residency programs (FEEG) in coordinating the activities of the residency programs. Serve as clinical, preceptor, evaluator, educator, mentor, and coordinator. Perform administrative functions and document medical records in support of the residencies.
Assist the Chief of the International Training Branch (FEEI) in coordination of the activities of the USAFSAM international students. Serve as clinical preceptor, evaluator, educator, mentor, and coordinator. Perform administrative functions and document medical records in support of the international students. Shall assist the International Military Student Officer (IMSO) to ensure IMS education/support/travel. Shall instruct IMS in courses supporting the USAFSAM curriculum.
Assist the Chief of the Aerospace Medicine Consultation Division (FEC) to coordinate and conduct clinical medical support and patient evaluation for the Medical Flight Screening process.
Assist the Chief of the Aerospace Physiology Branch (FEP) to include medical screening and medical monitoring of centrifuge subjects and students for normal and emergency operations. Shall assist training to enhance pilot performance in the rapid-onset high G environment to improve capability for Combat Air Forces aircrewcentrifuge training.
Perform medical briefings and educational training including: All courses taught by the FE Department to include Residency in Aerospace Medicine lectures, Aerospace Medicine Primary Courses (multiple aeromedical topics), Advanced Aerospace Medicine for International Medical Officers lectures, Aviation Mishap Investigation & Prevention lectures.
Provide expertise for Aviation Mishaps investigated by FE Department.
Serve as a Health Care Provider (HCP) to provide services as a physician providing patient care and consultation at Wright-Patterson AFB and document all patient records in a timely manner.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession and applicable professional specialty organizations, Joint Commission Standards, Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care, applicable Department of Defense (DoD), military specific regulations, directives and policies and MTF specific policies and procedures.
The contractor shall manage and complete administrative functions required for development and execution of course curriculum.
The contractor shall obtain a government driving license to operate government vehicles to include a 15-passenger van.
Argent Technologies staffs 62% of the Flight Medicine Physicians worldwide!
Contact Pamela Patton at email@example.com or 210.888.1876
or APPLY NOW!