Pharmacy Technician - PTCB certified — Veterans Health Administration
VA Palo Alto Health Care System:
Palo Alto, CA
Menlo Park, CA
Argent Technologies, LLC is seeking a Pharmacy Technician to perform a full range of Inpatient and Outpatient pharmacy services at the VAPAHCS Palo Alto, Livermore, or Menlo Park Division. All services will be performed under the direction of a licensed pharmacist.
The Pharmacy Technician will be assigned to work in various VAPAHCS Pharmacy Service Inpatient and Outpatient Pharmacy sections of the three Divisions listed above. Contract pharmacy technicians may be needed on the same day at the same location (potentially during the same shift, or during different shifts). The pharmacy technician will cover tours of duty lasting 8 hours each.
Locations/Hours: The following are the potential tours of duty that contractor personnel may be scheduled to work at each of the three locations:
- Palo Alto Division: Sunday – Saturday (7 days per week) 7:00am – 3:30pm; 7:30am – 4:00pm; 9:00am – 5:30pm; 12:30pm – 9:00pm; 3:30pm – 12 midnight
- Menlo Park Division: Monday – Friday (5 days per week) 8:00am – 4:30pm; 9:30am – 6:00pm; 11:30am – 8:00pm
- Livermore Division: Monday – Friday (5 days per week) 8:00am - 4:30pm; 8:30am – 5:00pm
Scheduling will be provided to the Contractor minimally 2 weeks or greater in advance.
No Federal Holidays: The Contractor is not expected to work on Federal Holidays.
The Pharmacy Technician will provide the following services:
- Process, fill, and deliver inpatient medication orders and outpatient prescriptions for the assigned section.
- Utilize relevant VA computer software applications including the Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) and pharmacy automation in completing daily functions.
- Prepare sterile intravenous (IV) medications, including chemotherapy and hazardous agents, and perform required IV room maintenance, quality/environmental control monitoring, and record keeping per United States Pharmacopeia (U.S.P.) 797 and 800 guidelines, departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain adequate medication stock and storage within assigned section, and properly handle outdated, deteriorated, and recalled medications.
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, family members, caregivers, visitors and others within the organization.
- Contractor personnel shall have background experience working in hospital pharmacies for inpatient assignment or retail pharmacies for outpatient assignment. Experience shall include a basic knowledge of: pharmaceutical nomenclature; characteristics, strengths, and dosage forms of pharmaceuticals; pharmaceutical systems of weights and measures; and the variety of procedures and techniques involved in the care, storage, repackaging, bulk compounding, and distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- Contractor personnel are required to have certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), and shall be proficient in spoken and written English.
*Some positions have additional requirements. For a full, complete, and more detailed account of the requirements for these positions please click below:
Argent is the #1 provider of contract Flight Medicine Physicians to US Military installations worldwide
We offer competitive rates and flexible time off.
or APPLY NOW!
Argent is an SDVOSB (Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business) specializing in the provision and management
of Healthcare Professionals to the US Military, Veterans Administration,
and Federal Corrections Complexes nationwide.