Medical Standards Technician
Air Force Personnel Center, Medical Standards Branch
Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph AFB, TX
Place of Performance: Max tele-work will be offered under this contract. When required to be in the office work will be performed at Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), 550 C-Street West, Bldg. 499, JBSA Randolph, TX 78150-4753. However, with current building renovations, the location may change to another area within AFPC campus.
Period of Performance: 25 SEPT 2022 - 24 SEPT 2023
Option Years: 4
The Medical Standards Technician will provide Professional Administrative Services as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Level II to the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), Medical Retention Standards Branch (DP2NP), Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) Randolph, TX. The SME will perform duties of a Medical Standards Technician supporting active duty Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) and commanders on program requirements, military benefits, legal rights, and the appeals process. The effort requires daily coordination with Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officers (PEBLOs) at 82 MTFs, frequently with the Air Force Medical Readiness Agency (AFMRA) and Major Command (MAJCOM) Surgeons’ Offices to ensure smooth processing of pre-IDES cases from base level.
The effort provides Management and Professional services for the Review-in-Lieu-of (RILO) MEB, Medical Assignment Limitations Code (ALC-C), Medical Hold (Med Hold), Airman Medical Transition Unit (AMTU), Dual Action Processing, Inter and Intra service transfers and Elective Surgery programs. These services include reviewing and understanding governing Department of Defense and Air Force Instructions pertinent to MEB/RILO/ALC-Cs, and providing guidance on MEB/ALC policy to assignment personnel, AF headquarter agencies, and AF medical treatment facility personnel worldwide. There is no direct patient care in this position.
- Expert knowledge of the Integrated Disability Evaluation System program policies and reference manuals.
- In-depth knowledge, experience, and training to handle and solve complex cases that arise when addressing fitness for duty or physical disability evaluation issues.
- Tact, diplomacy, and restraint in counseling and explaining entitlements, benefits, and responsibilities to all customers.
- Master of oral and written communication and customer service principles, methods, practices and techniques analytic methods, to include using research tools and statistical analysis and, interpersonal relations practices.
- Knowledge of IDES processing regulations, instructions, procedures, and policies to assure timely case processing.
- Knowledge of Air Force Instructions pertaining to IDES, Medical Hold, and Elective surgery approval.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to apply Microsoft data applications for statistical tracking purposes.
- EDUCATION. Associate Degree in business administration, management or health care organizations from an accredited college or university.
- EXPERIENCE. At least two years of experience working as an Air Force PEBLO within the last five years. Additionally, the contractor shall have at least two years of experience with military human resource personnel actions to include the following: retention, promotions, testing, classification, retraining, retirements, separation, AMTU (Airmen Medical Transition Unit) reassignments.
Systems and training will be provided by the USG.
For a full, complete, and more detailed account of the requirements for this position please click below:
Argent is the #1 provider of contract Flight Medicine Physicians to US Military installations worldwide
We offer competitive rates and flexible time off.
or APPLY NOW!
Argent is an SDVOSB (Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business) specializing in the provision and management
of Healthcare Professionals to the US Military, Veterans Administration,
and Federal Corrections Complexes nationwide.