Subject Matter Expert (SME) - Medical Standards Provider: MD/DO or PA/NP
Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), Medical Standards Branch
Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph AFB, TX
Work is Tele-Work in support of USAF Medical Evaluation Board (MEB), Review-in-Lieu-of (RILO) MEB, Medical Assignment Limitations Code (ALC-C), Medical Hold (Med Hold), and Elective Surgery programs
Place of Performance: Max tele-work will be offered under this contract. When required to be in the office work will be performed at Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), 550 C-Street West, Bldg. 499, JBSA Randolph, TX 78150-4753. However, with current building renovations, the location may change to another area within AFPC campus.
Period of Performance: 1 July 2022 - 30 June 2023
Option Years: 4
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Medical Standards Provider will provide Professional Administrative Services as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Level IV to the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), Physicians Career Management Branch (DP2NP), Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) Randolph, Texas. The SME performs duties of a Medical Retention Standards Providers supporting the USAF Medical Evaluation Board (MEB), Review-in-Lieu-of (RILO) MEB, Medical Assignment Limitations Code (ALC-C), Medical Hold (Med Hold), and Elective Surgery programs.
The services involve reviewing and understanding governing Department of Defense (DoD) and Air Force Instructions (AFI) pertinent to MEB/RILO/ALC-Cs, and providing interpretation of MEB/ALC-C policy to assignment personnel, AF headquarter agencies, and AF medical treatment facility personnel worldwide. Additionally, the scope includes providing medical review for various inter-service and intra-service transfers. There is no direct patient care in this position.
- At least five (5) years of experience in military medical practice
- At least six (6) months of experience deploying to field conditions or working in deployment related positions (example: simulated deployment training, deployment planning teams, etc.)
- At least five (5) years of experience with military medical standards patient assessments and MEB narratives
- At least five (5) years of experience with active duty military physical profiling. Preference will be given to individuals who have processed military deployment limitation waivers and have worked directly with the DoD Disability Evaluation System. Since AF assignment limitation duty standards vary with those of the other uniformed services, preference will be given to individuals with experience within the United States Air Force (USAF) system
- LICENSE/REGISTRATION Must have and maintain a valid state or federal license or certificate to practice medicine as a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant
- CERTIFICATION The contract SME shall be board certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties, certified as a nurse practitioner by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners/American Nurses Credentialing Center or certified by the NCCPA
Preference will be given to contract Subject Matter Experts who have board certification in an adult primary care specialization, such that the provider will have a broad knowledge base of treatment protocols, prognoses, risks and outcomes for diagnoses in multiple areas of medicine.
For a full, complete, and more detailed account of the requirements for this position please click below:
Argent is the #1 provider of contract Flight Medicine Physicians to US Military installations worldwide
We offer competitive rates and flexible time off.
or APPLY NOW!
Argent is an SDVOSB (Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business) specializing in the provision and management
of Healthcare Professionals to the US Military, Veterans Administration,
and Federal Corrections Complexes nationwide.