Physician Assistant (PA)
Little Rock AFB, AR
Argent Technologies, LLC is seeking a full time Physician Assistant to provide out patient primary care services in the Family Medicine and Flight Medicine Clinic at Little Rock AFB, AR.
Hours of Performance: The clinic hours are from 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday excluding federal holidays
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
- Education: Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
- Certification: Possess current Board Certification Requirement: Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants (NCCPA). Must maintain NCCPA certification
- BLS: Possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Experience: Have at least 24 months of experience as a Physician Assistant, with 12 months of experience in Family Health within the last 36 months.
- Licensure: Possess Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the U.S.
Core duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in- service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
*Some positions have additional requirements. For a full, complete, and more detailed account of the requirements for these positions please click below:
Argent is the #1 provider of contract Flight Medicine Physicians to US Military installations worldwide
We offer competitive rates and flexible time off.
or APPLY NOW!
Argent is an SDVOSB (Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business) specializing in the provision and management
of Healthcare Professionals to the US Military, Veterans Administration,
and Federal Corrections Complexes nationwide.