Flight Medicine Physician - US Air Force
Moody AFB, GA — 15 JUNE 2021 through 14 SEPT with possible 6 month extension
Tyndall AFB, FL — 1 year assignment beginning 4 AUG 2021
Argent Technologies, LLC is seeking Flight Medicine Physicians for nationwide opportunities.
- Possesses a doctor of medicine degree or a doctor of osteopathy degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathy.
- Current board certification in Aerospace Medicine is highly recommended. If not board certified in Aerospace Medicine, then must show proof of completion of any medical residency program and must have a minimum of 3 years of:
- U.S. military Flight Surgeon experience.
- Current/Active/Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the US
- Current DEA
- Current BLS. Some facilities require ACLS
- The applicant must have a minimum of 35 hours of direct patient care in the past year. Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the last 10 years having served as a privileged flight surgeon at a US Military installation, with experience in:
- U.S. military medical standards to conduct special operational evaluations, including (but not limited to) PHA for flyers/special duty personnel, initial certification exams for flying/special duty applicants.
- Aeromedical disposition for flying/special operational duty.
- Conducting adaptability rating assessment for military special duty applicants.
- Applying medical, fitness and profiling standards IAW AFIs 48-123, 36-2905 and 10-203 (including profiling and duty restrictions as Profile Officer).
- Providing primary care for active duty personnel and their family members.
- The applicant must be able to locate, interpret and apply current regulations including: AFI 48-123, AFI 36-2905, AFI 10-203, DoD 5210.42R, and AFMAN 13-501.
- The flight medicine physician shall provide health care to beneficiaries assigned to the Flight Medicine Clinic, Occupational Health Clinic, or other civilian Flight Medicine physician positions as defined by the MTF. These tasks include performing primary care and occupational health clinician duties and the associated administrative tasks.
- Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and provision of medical care, including preventive medicine, behavioral health, occupational health, and community health.
- The civilian Flight Medicine physician may become the primary care manager (PCM) for a panel of patients. As a PCM, the flight medicine physician will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients.
Argent is the #1 provider of contract Flight Medicine Physicians to US Military installations worldwide
We offer competitive rates and flexible time off.
If you or someone you know may be interested, please send your CV and availability to:
or APPLY NOW!